IBR Reporting Alerts
Data submitted to the NYSIBR program are widely distributed and used by other organization for the purpose of research, funding decisions and publications. Periodic review of these data and correspondence with submitting agencies assist crime reporting staff in identify common errors that may or may not be captured through monthly transaction processing.
When a reporting error is identified, the Crime Reporting Unit issues a Reporting Alert to all participating IBR agencies. These alerts are meant to describe the error, the result of the error on data quality and provide a corrective plan for the agencies to implement. The Reporting Alerts are also used to announce changes and modifications to the NYS Crime Reporting Program.
The following is a list of published reporting alerts that have been sent to participating IBR agencies. If you have questions regarding a specific alert please contact NYS Crime Reporting Program staff at infoNYSUCR@dcjs.ny.gov or by calling DCJS at 518-485-7111.
- *NYS IBR Edit #762 UPDATE (November 2022)
- Testing Requirements for Agencies Transitioning to NIBRS Compliant NYSIBR (October 2019)
- Requirements for Agencies Transitioning to Incident Based Reporting (January 2019)
- NIBRS Compliant Reference Documents Available (January 2018)
- NYS IBR Improvement Project - Addition of NIBRS Data Elements (October 2016)
- UCR Program Transitioning to NIBRS-Only Data Collection (July 2016)
- Expanded Rape Including in 2015 Crime in New York State 2015 Preliminary Data Report (May 2016)