Doing Business with DCJS
- Single Source Procurement Documentation
- Qualified Personal Services Contracts
- DCJS State Operations Solicitations
Minority and Women-owned Business Enterprise (MWBE)
DCJS MWBE Policy Statement
Why Become Certified? (.pdf)
Compliance & Reporting Forms
Staffing Plan (.doc)
Bid Tabulation Form (.doc)
Other MWBE Resources
DCJS State Operations Solicitations
The Program Fidelity Assessment and Technical Assistance Services for Community-Based Criminal Justice Programs Request for Proposals (NYSDCJS RFP# CJS2014-02) is now available. The deadline for proposals is 4:00 PM, Friday, May 30, 2014.The questions received regarding the above listed RFP, along with their accompanying answers, are now available here.
Single Source Procurement Documentation
Pursuant to New York State Finance Law Section 163(10)(b), the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services posts summaries of single source procurement contracts. A list of current single source procurement contracts falling under New York State Finance Law Section 163(10)(b) is below.
- July 1, 2009 - The Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS), on behalf of the Integrated Justice Advisory Board (IJAB) agencies including Division of Probation and Correctional Alternatives (DPCA), the Division of Parole (DOP), and the Department of Correctional Services (DOCS), has entered into a single-source contract with Northpointe Institute for Public Management, Inc. (Northpointe) for software and services related to the COMPAS offender risk and need assessment system. A key objective of IJAB is to deliver applications and information to all users through a single, integrated portal, ensuring uninterrupted operations and facilitate data sharing and streamlined communications for all users within New York State.
In line with this objective, the IJAB is proposing to procure an enterprise license to provide statewide access to the COMPAS software application, and to the data stored within the COMPAS software application through the IJAB portal in order to achieve the Re-entry vision of a single, integrated risk/needs assessment system for use by all the offender supervision agencies in New York.
- December 1, 2008 - The New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services intends to contract with Policy Research Associates, Inc. of Delmar, NY to develop and present a Police Summit/Mental Health Conference Program pursuant to its discretionary authority under State Finance Law Section 163(6). Policy Research Associates, Inc. has developed a unique program to integrate mental health solutions within the police planning process for tactical and first responder activity which is not otherwise available. Interested parties may contact the DCJS Procurement Officer, Ms. Kimberly Szady to discuss this opportunity.
Qualified Personal Services Contracts (QPSC)
On June 4, 2008, Governor Paterson issued Executive Order No. 6: Ensuring the Cost-Effectiveness of Contracts for Personal Services. The Executive Order aims to ensure that agencies enter into such contracts only after considering whether State employees can practicably meet the same needs by providing services of the same or better quality at an equivalent or lower cost.
In particular, Executive Order No. 6 requires that agencies report information regarding Qualified Personal Services Contracts (QPSCs) to a Task Force and on their agencies’ websites. A QPSC is any new, renewed, or amended State agency contract with any non-State entity pursuant to State Finance Law §163 or §136-A, under which:
- The contract was approved on or after August 4, 2008;
- The agency believes that a majority of the costs of the contract are attributable to compensation of the contractor's personnel; and
- The agency can reasonably anticipate it will incur costs for the personnel service component of $1 million or more over any twelve-month period.
DCJS will make available any contract listed below upon request, for which the agency may charge a reasonable cost for copying.
Below is information regarding all Division contracts that meet the criteria described above:
|Contract Number||Total Contract Value||Contractor||Reasons for Entering into Contract|
|CM00913||$2,784,000||Science Applications International Corp||