Criminal Justice Statistics
Statutorily required annual reports and other reports are available on the Publications page. If you are interested in information about the State prison and community supervision populations, research reports are available here http://www.doccs.ny.gov/Research/Research.html.
The date in parenthesis indicates the date of the report, or the last time the feature was updated.
Crime and Victimization
- Index Crimes
Violent (murder, rape, robbery, aggravated assault) and Property (burglary, larceny, & motor vehicle theft) offenses reported to law enforcement. (See also Crime in NYS Report on Publications Page)
- Index Crimes By Region (5/2013) (Excel)
Ten years of Index crime data shown in New York State, New York City, and Non-New York City groupings.
- Index Crimes By County and Agency (5/2013)
Five years of Index crime data shown for each county in New York State.
- Crime Rates and Counts by County (5/2013)
Crime rates and how they are calculated are explained, and tables of Index and violent crime counts and rates by county. Rates take into account differences in population, allowing comparisons between counties.
- Hate Crime Incidents (11/2012) (Excel)
Hate crime incidents by reporting agency covering a five-year period. (See Also Hate Crimes Annual Report on Publications Page)
- Domestic Violence Victim Data Reported Through UCR (05/2013)
Domestic Violence Victim Data submitted by county and reporting jurisdiction. (See Also Domestic Homicide Report on Publications Page)
- Adult Arrests by County and Region (3/2013)
Arrest counts for major offense groupings over the last 10 years by region and county.
- Juvenile Arrests/Criminal Activity Reported Through UCR (5/2013)
Criminal activity of juveniles (less than 16 years of age) for major UCR offenses by county and jurisdiction.
- Parolee and Probationer Arrests: Percent of Total Arrests By County (4/2013)
10-year trend data on total arrests by county and the percent that parolees and probationers comprise.
- Dispositions of Adult Arrests by County and Region (5/2013)
Dispositions of adult arrests for felony, violent felony, drug felony, and misdemeanor offenses over the last five years. Includes statewide, region or individual county summaries. (See Also Felony Processing Report on Publications Page)
- Law Enforcement Personnel (3/2013) (Excel)
Law enforcement employees on each agency's payroll as of October 31. It excludes employees assigned to jail duties.
- Jail Population Outside New York City (Annual) (3/2013)
Census data for local jails outside of New York City for the past 10 years. Annual counts show the average of all daily counts reported for that year.
- Probationer Felony Re-Arrest Rates Following Sentence to Probation (Within 1, 2 and 3 Years) (4/2013)
Re-arrest follow-up information for probationers following sentence to probation.
- Monthly Crime, Arrest and Firearm Activity Report (Greenbook) (5/2013)
Preliminary year-to-date crime and arrest statistics for jurisdictions participating in Operation IMPACT.
- Monthly Jail Population Outside New York City Report (6/1/2013)
Census data for local jails outside of New York City for the past 12 months.
- Monthly DNA Collection Rates by County Report (6/3/2013)
DNA eligible sentences by county and month and the percentage on sentences for which a DNA sample is on file 90 days after sentencing. This report is used by location jurisdictions to monitor DNA collection efforts.
- Quarterly County Reentry Task Force Program Activity Report (5/6/2012)
Program activity of the 19 County Reentry Task Forces funded by DCJS.
- Juvenile Justice Indicators Quarterly Update Summary (4/30/13)
Quarterly trends for various juvenile justice processing points.
Questions about the above and other statistical data may be submitted to: email@example.com.
All media inquiries should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or requested by phone at (518) 457-8828.