Authority: Criminal Procedure Law Sections 170.20, 170.25, 180.40 and 180.70.
1. Report to the UCS and DCJS whenever a case passes from one court jurisdiction to another court jurisdiction by order of the superior court.
2. The superior court should report actions taken by the grand jury and by the superior court which transfers jurisdiction back to the local court.
3. The local court should report actions on cases which the superior court sends back into their jurisdiction under the original local court case number.
4. Key identifiers should be included in the paperwork that goes from the local court to the grand jury and from the grand jury to the superior court and from the superior court to the local court so that dispositions will associate to the appropriate arrest at DCJS.
5. A local court should report dispositions for charges pending in that local court which were included in a plea agreement in a superior court case.